What is mentoring?
Mentoring is turning ‘hindsight into foresight’. It is a one-to one confidential relationship between a more experienced professional (the mentor) who share their relevant knowledge, skills and insights with a less experienced professional (the mentoree) exploring current situations and what the mentoree wishes to achieve.
Mentoring concentrates on the following:
- Revolves around developing the mentoree professionally especially skills and specific work content
- Agenda is set by the mentoree with the mentor providing support and guidance
- Meeting can be both formal and informal
- It is often an on-going relationship with excellent rapport
- Takes a broad view of the mentoree as a person
Maeve Finch mentors commercial organisations, social enterprises, charities and government funded agencies. She specialises in the following area:
- Prestart- up businesses and start-up businesses
- Namely service based businesses / organisations
- Strategy – getting it right in the beginning
- Innovating to improve your ideas
- Communication with the public, your other stakeholders and employees
- Improving your sales – selling yourself and/or selling your service
- Effortless presentations – shaping your business
- Time management – making the best use of your time
Contact Total Focus for any other mentoring needs you may have and talk to the experts.